Early Career Scientist
Early career researchers are an integral part of the ECNP Congress and ECNP has installed a variety of measures to ensure that their participation is made as easy as possible.
To find out if you qualify as an Early Career Scientist, please click here.
The Early Career Advisory Panel (ECAP) was especially set up in 2012 to come up with ideas to involve Early Career Scientists in ECNP activities. We are continuously exploring new ways to encourage the participation of early career researchers at the ECNP Congress and enrich their congress experience. If you have ideas and suggestions, let us know by e-mail.
At the 32nd ECNP Congress
ECNP has developed a range of benefits for the congress:
To meet other Early Career Scientists there is a designated area during the Welcome reception on Saturday 7 September 2019. Members from the Early Career Advisory Panel will be present to welcome you at the ECNP Congress.
Career Development Sessions
Location: The Bubble
These training sessions each feature an engaging expert in the field, specifically invited to share with you their wealth of knowledge and experience. The topics are especially interesting for Early Career Scientists.
New Findings Symposium
As part of the programme of the congress, 8 Early Career Scientists who participate in the 2019 ECNP Workshop in Nice will be invited to give a presentation. Don't miss the opportunity to attend this session (S.25).
This special Early Career Scientist evening will take place on Monday 9 September from 20.30-23.00 in the city centre of Copenhagen. We will start with a specially developed 'on-the-rocks pub quiz'. After this, there will be time to network with your fellow Early Career Scientists. The first two drinks will be offered by ECNP. A voucher can be picked up at the ECNP Plaza during our congress (for a maximum of 100 people on a first come, first served basis).
- Registration discounts of up to 65%
- Low registration fee: EUR 100. Do you know an ECNP member? If yes, as an Early Career Scientist you can go to the congress for a very low registration fee: EUR 100 (incl. VAT). Contact the ECNP member who will simply need to fill in your e-mail during his/her online registration (or afterwards). You will then receive an e-mail with a unique code which you can use when registering for the congress.
Opportunities for Early Career Scientist abstract submitters
- Free registration for European presenting authors if the abstract is accepted for publication in the congress supplement to the Journal European Neuropsychopharmacology.
- ECNP Travel Awards are available, of € 500 each, for the best abstracts by European early career researchers accepted for publication and presentation at the ECNP Congress.
- At the congress, you will also have the chance to win a Poster Award (not exclusively for Early Career Scientists). These awards are given on-site to the posters of the highest scientific excellence, presented in the most effective way. The award consists of € 500 and a commemorative certificate.