How to attend the workshop?
You may apply for the workshop by submitting an abstract.
We accept abstracts from a broad range of topics.
The four topics are:
• Molecular and cellular: New findings in molecular and cellular mechanisms related to the causes, characteristics and control of psychiatric and/or neurological disorders. Cellular, animal and human studies are considered.
• Behavioural and systems: Novel insights into behaviour and the neurobiological mechanisms and neural circuits underlying its induction, control and coordination. Both animal and human studies are considered.
• Clinical neuroscience: Recent findings in the field of clinical neuroscience.
• Preventative intervention in brain disorders: Neurobiological principles and clinical findings related to early biomarkers and early treatment strategies for brain disorders. Both animal and human studies are considered.
When submitting an abstract you will be asked to select a minimum of two and a maximum of three subtopics from the list of subtopics.
The deadline for abstract submission is 17 October 2018, 17.00 CET - Central European Time.
All you need to know for preparing an abstract is in the guidelines. View guidelines.
Before submitting an abstract please note the following:
• In-order to apply it is necessary that you meet the definition of an ‘early career scientist'.
• When submitting an abstract, applicants must upload a copy of their identity card and a signed letter from their institute to confirm that they meet the definition of a 'early career scientist'.
Please download here the standard form that can be used to confirm the status of early career scientist.
• When your abstract is accepted you will have to give a poster presentation on this abstract at the ECNP Workshop.
• Hotel accommodation is offered by ECNP for three nights in a shared room, with breakfast, at the workshop venue.
• Previous ECNP Workshop participants are not eligible to submit an abstract.
Receipt of your submission will be confirmed by the ECNP Office via e-mail within two weeks. If you have not received a confirmation within this period, please notify the ECNP Office.
To find out more about the review, presentation and publication of abstracts click here.
ECNP Travel Award
Apart from the eight participants who will be invited to speak at the ECNP Congress 2019, 12 runners-up will also be awarded with the ECNP Travel Award.
The Travel Award that will be given at the congress consists of:
- Free registration to the congress
- A grant of Eur 500 to support their travel costs (to be reimbursed after the congress)
- A commemorative certificate
Participants, resident in a European country with a developing economy (CDE*), can apply for a CDE travel subsidy. This subsidy supports travel expenses for the workshop.
If you wish to apply for a CDE travel subsidy please send us an email by 17 October 2018.
Interactive poster presentations from previous ECNP workshops
*CDE-countries within Europe are: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia-FYR, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine.