ECNP Neuropsychopharmacology Award
The ECNP Neuropsychopharmacology Award recognises exceptional research achievements in applied and translational neuroscience.
*The 47 countries of the Council of Europe, as well as Belarus and Israel.
The award is granted each year, alternating between basic science and clinical research.
The 2019 award is in basic science research.
The award winner will be honoured with:
• An unrestricted prize of EUR 10,000 (EUR 7,500 for the winner personally, and EUR 2,500 for a collaborator – or collaborators – of the winner’s choice)
• A commemorative statuette and certificate
• An invitation to present the award plenary lecture during the ECNP Congress
• An invitation to publish a review article in European Neuropsychopharmacology (to be submitted within 6 months after the award is granted)
In addition, the winner of the award will be asked to join the Award Committee for the duration of one year (the year the next winner of his/her area, thus basic or clinical research is selected). The winner may be asked for an interview, to be published in ECNP communication channels.
Receipt of the award is dependent on attendance of the award ceremony.
Who is eligible?
Residents of European countries* who are affiliated with a university, research institution or hospital, and whose research originates primarily in Europe.
Members of the ECNP Executive Committee, the chair of the Scientific Programme Committee and the members of the Award Committee are not eligible until three years after their turn.
How to nominate a candidate
It is no longer possible to nominate (deadline was 29 January 2019).
Nominations can be submitted via e-mail. The following electronic documents have to be submitted by e-mail:
• A short statement (one page), explaining the significance, innovative value and core theme(s) of the applicant’s contribution to neuropsychopharmacology.
• A summary curriculum vitae, including personal details, education and academic degrees, appointments, research experience, prizes, awards and honours, membership of professional organisations, editorial boards, publication lists, etc.
Receipt of your nomination will be confirmed by the ECNP Office by e-mail within two weeks after submission.
If you have not received a confirmation within this period, please notify the ECNP Office by e-mail.
Selection of winner
The award winner is selected by the ECNP Award Committee. The award cannot be shared and cannot be won more than once by the same individual.
The nominees will be informed about the decision in May.
There will be no correspondence about the outcome.
The award will be presented at the 32nd ECNP Congress, 7-10 September 2019, Copenhagen, Denmark, during the ECNP Neuropsychopharmacology Award lecture. The winner is required to attend. Therefore, by accepting the award, attendance of the ECNP Congress is confirmed. The travel and accommodation costs will be covered by the ECNP.